October is almost gone (thank God, bye Felicia!). November is right around the corner and 2017 is a mere 9 weeks away. Can you believe that? 9 weeks! It feels like yesterday I was just at Starbucks drinking a chai latte writing down my goals for 2016.
A friend of mine recently asked me if I was a “resolution girl” of which, I answered in a very stern tone, “YAAAS.” [snap, snap] I love lists. I make one everyday. If I don’t have a list, I don’t know what to do with my life. True story. “But why do you have to start at the beginning of the year,” he asked, “why not start your resolutions now?” He had a point. Which got me thinking…
With the start of every dreaded New Year, I write down a list (big and small) of things I wish to accomplish come December. (Click here to read my resolutions for 2015 and 2016). “Get Healthy,” “Read more,” “Buy investment bag” (CHECK!), blah, blah. It seems petty, but whatever it keeps me focused and since I’m quite competitive at heart, gives me a goal to work towards. I like goals. And if I set a goal, by God I want to achieve it. (That’s the dancer in me talking.) [Disclaimer: I think goals are great. But once you reach your goal, what’s next? I think the value in setting a goal is the experience you get from it. The end result is awesome and totally worth it, but the journey is so much better.]
So, with the turn of October and the start of 2017 rapidly approaching, I’m doing something different. Instead of waiting until January to set big goals, I’m going to challenge myself to do it now. Here they are:
- Do something that really, like really, scares me and makes me feel uncomfortable. Whether that’s jumping out of a plane, going on TV, dancing hip hop, moving to a different city or embracing overalls, I want to push myself to take risks. Every time I’ve taken risks in my life, I’ve grown tremendously from it. Some call it irresponsible. I think it’s necessary to grow. Stagnancy is a killer.
- Travel. I would love to visit someplace new before the end of the year!
- Continue to build a wardrobe of classic staples. The best thing about having a blog is being able to wear awesome clothing; you learn to appreciate the quality behind them. Trust me guys, quality pieces are worth the splurge. I want my closet to last the test of time (like this dress!).
- Refine style. My personal style is always evolving; I’m like a style chameleon. So many things dictate my style – where I’m at in life, what music I’m listening to, where I’m traveling next, etc. For the next two months, I would like to embrace “my style” – me, truly me – and refine it, not fight it. If that means ditching flats (because sometimes I hate feeling so short), then so be it. GIVE ME HEELS. If that means toting around great bags, GIVE ME A CHLOE (or this YSL crossbody – either one will do.). If that means owning like five leather jackets by the end of the year, WHATEVER. Life’s too short. [snap, snap]
- Which leads me to my next resolution. I would like to feel at ease with my decisions. All too often, I second-guess myself. Sometimes it’s good. It helps me decide whether or not I should look before I leap. “New Chloe? New Fendi? New Gucci?” And sometimes it distracts me from things that matter. Like listening to my gut.
- And last but not least, stay real and continue to fearlessly blog.
So there you have it! My resolutions for the next two months. I’m sure I’ll come up with another list of crazy resolutions in January but until then, I’m sticking to these!
With two months left in the year, what would you like to accomplish?
Click the links above to shop today’s look or click the images below.
P.S.: Palm Beach has been under a wind advisory the past week. Hence the wind blown hair!